The Mansfield University Admissions Office determined that you should take the writing placement exam. If you wish to appeal your writing placement result, you should contact Dr. Brad Lint, Director of Composition, at 570-662-4584 or email@example.com.
The following steps will need to be taken in order to appeal your placement; however, this does not guarantee that the composition course you have placed into will be changed. This appeals process is based solely on writing samples. No other circumstances will be taken into consideration.
You need to complete the following steps:
- Contact Dr. Brad Lint, Director of Composition, at 570-662-4584 or firstname.lastname@example.org to inform him of your desire to appeal your placement result. The initial contact must be followed by a request in writing explaining the reason(s) for the appeal in detail. This action must be taken within two weeks of being notified of your results.
- Dr. Lint and at least one other English faculty member will access your Writeplacer essay and read it. They may determine to change your placement based on that essay OR they may ask for further writing from you. This choice is made at their discretion.
- If Dr. Lint and the other English faculty member(s) determine the need for more evidence on which to base their decision, they may request one or more of the following:
- Writing sample from high school
- Writing sample based on a new prompt supplied by Dr. Lint
- These materials must be submitted within one week of the request for them. Dr. Lint and at least one other English faculty member will determine the placement from the submitted materials.
- The determination by Dr. Lint and other English faculty will be final.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Brad Lint at 570-662-4584 or email@example.com.