Course Goals: To help students to develop skills and knowledge of standard concepts in integral calculus, infinite series.
- Define standard integral objects.
- Develop integration techniques.
- Develop numerical integration techniques.
- Explore various applications of the integral.
- Define sequences, infinite series, and convergence.
- Explore methods of determining convergence and evaluating limits of sequences and series.
Student Learning Outcomes: Students will be able to:
- Cite basic definitions.
- Solve definite and indefinite integrals using substitution, integration by parts, and tables.
- Use Maple to approximate definite integrals using techniques mentioned above.
- Solve application problems.
- Determine convergence of sequences and series.
- Determine the limit of a sequence or series for standard special types (such as geometric series).