Posted by Nicholas Andre for 5-4-14
In this end of the semester celebration, we gather to discuss how technology is making it possible to engage students in some non-traditional ways. Bring a mobile device and find out how! Did we mention lunch will be provided at no cost to our guests or the University? So come, share your stories and enjoy a free lunch. Unable to attend the event in person? Watch the various presentations from the comfort of your home.
This year's Springboard will feature the following presentations:
- "Hey, it's Dr. Guenther!" Adventures in Filming a History Class for Online & On Campus Learners. In this presentation Dr. Karen Guenther will share her experiences in filming a traditional class using Camtasia and a cell phone.
- Dr. Janice Purk talks about her transformative approach to creating core concepts in Creating Core Concepts for a Discipline.
- Please turn your cell phones on during this presentation, as Dr. Adrianne McEvoy presents Alternative Classroom Conversations Using PollEverywhere. "What is Poll Everywhere?" you ask? Click here to find out more.
- Looking to breathe a little life into your online courses? See how Dr. Michele Moore is Making Distance Ed Moore Intimate as she shares her feelings on creating re-usable video clips that capture the classroom experience without the class.
- What will you do with Doceri? Tamela Bastion and her crew of faculty hope to answer that question in their presentation on Using iPads in the Classroom.
This one day event will take place at Mansfield University's Retan Center - G1 from 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM on May 22nd.
We look forward to celebrating with you!
Karen Guenther and Nick Andre
Mountie Minute Main Page