Posted by Lindsey Sikorski for 5-11-14
The First Step: Starting Your Business Seminar
Choose one session:
Monday, May 19, 2014 – 1 to 3 p.m. at Tioga County Development Corporation, Wellsboro
Tuesday, May 20, 2014 – 1 to 3 p.m. at Northern Tier Regional Planning & Development Commission, Towanda
Exact location details will be sent to participants upon receipt of registration.
Have you always dreamed of starting your own business, but don’t know where to start? This workshop will help aspiring entrepreneurs to begin the process of successful business ownership including evaluating business ideas, developing a business plan, and exploring financing options.
Attendees will learn:
• Unique lifestyle requirements involved in owning a business
• How to assess the feasibility of their business idea
• Differences between business organization structures
• How to develop a business plan
• How to obtain financing
• How to market their product or service
• The applications and licenses needed to start their company
Cost: Regularly $20 per person ~ offered FREE thanks to the Northern Tier Partnership for
Regional Economic Performance (PREP)
1) Go to www.scrantonsbdc.com
2) Select Education & Training
3) Scroll down and select “University of Scranton SBDC”
4) Find the program you'd like to register for and select "Learn More"
For more information, please contact the University of Scranton SBDC at firstname.lastname@example.org or (570)941.7588