Mansfield University sponsors this food safety training in response to the Pennsylvania Food Employee Certification Act. The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture regulations state that "a food service establishment shall employ or designate at least one certified supervisory employee who is certified with respect to the industry - specific category of the food establishment".
ServSafe meets certification requirements for individuals who are responsible for the safe handling of food in restaurants, schools, eldercare facilities, churches, community centers and other food concessions. A final exam for certification will be offered at the end of the course. For questions regarding certification requirements, contact the Department of Agriculture at 717-772-8354 or visit their website by "clicking here".
- Microbial Contaminants
- Types of Food Borne Contamination
- How Food Handlers can Contaminate Food
- Purchasing & Receiving Safe Food
- Protecting Food during Preparation
- Protecting Food during Service
- Designing a Sanitary Establishment
- Cleaning & Sanitizing
- Integrated Pest Management
- Food-Safety Regulations & Standards
Location: 217 Simon Elliott
Instructor: Rochelle Clark, RD
Dates & Times for 2012 - Choose from Session 1 or Session 2 below:
Session 1: Tuesdays - September 4, 11, 18, (8:00 am - 12:00 pm), 25 (8:00 am - 1:00 pm) OR
Session 2: Thursdays - September 6, 13, 20, (8:00 am - 12:00 pm), 27 (8:00 am - 1:00 pm)
Registration Deadline: August 28, 2012
- call 800-661-3640 or 570-662-4866, or
- e-mail Barbara A. Butcher, or
- Brochure and registration form.
If you have any questions call 570-662-4866 or 800-661-3640.