Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background Check (SP4-164)
Online submission, go to: https://epatch.state.pa.us. Pay by credit card - fee is $10.
For paper copy, go to: http://www.dpw.state.pa.us
- Go to left hand column and click on "Find a Form." Fill in Publication/Form Title: SP4-164 and click on "Find a Form." The following link will appear and click on the link below: Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Record Check Form SP4-164
- Print out form and complete required information. Check off the "Employment" block.
- Enclose a $10.00 certified check or money order payable to "Commonwealth of Pennsylvania."
- Mail form and payment to address on form.
Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance Form (CY-113)
Go to: http://www.dpw.state.pa.us
- Go the right hand column and click on Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance Form CY-113.
- Print out form and complete Section I only. Check the "School" block for Purpose of Clearance.
- All information must be completed in full and form must be signed.
- Enclose a $10.00 money order (only) payable to "Department of Public Welfare" and mail to the address on form. This clearance can take up to 6 weeks.
Cogent Federal (FBI) Fingerprint Background Check (Criminal History Report)
Go to: https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index.htm
- Select Department of Welfare (DPW) icon. The fingerprint process is a multi-step process.
- The applicant must register prior to going to the fingerprint site. Walk-in service is not provided.
- Registration is provided online 24/7 at www.pa.cogentid.com and telephone registration is available at 1-888-439-2486, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm EST.
- The fee is $33 for the fingerprinting service and to secure the Criminal History Record. Applicants can make their payment online atwww.cogentid.com using a credit or debit card. Money orders or cashier’s checks payable to Cogent Systems will be accepted on site for those applicants who cannot pay electronically. NO CASH TRANSACTIONS OR PERSONAL CHECKS ARE ALLOWED.
- Choose the fingerprint site. Find sites at www.pa.congentid.com.
- Applicant must have an approved ID (See www.pa.cogentid.com for approved list of ID sources)
- The applicant will receive the Federal Criminal History Record in the mail in 4 to 6 weeks.
- If the applicant has not received this certificate within the timeframe, call 1-717-783-6211.
All of the above forms should be given to Arlene Brown in Elliott Hall-Room 204.
Keep a copy for your records.