Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background Check (SP4-164)
Online submission, go to: https://epatch.state.pa.us. Pay by credit card - fee is $10.
For paper copy, go to: http://www.dpw.state.pa.us
- Go to left hand column and click on "Find a Form." Fill in Publication/Form Title: SP4-164 and click on "Find a Form." The following link will appear and click on the link below: Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Record Check Form SP4-164
- Print out form and complete required information. Check off the "Employment" block.
- Enclose a $10.00 certified check or money order payable to "Commonwealth of Pennsylvania."
- Mail form and payment to address on form.
Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance Form (CY-113)
Go to: http://www.dpw.state.pa.us
- Go the right hand column and click on Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance Form CY-113.
- Print out form and complete Section I only. Check the "School" block for Purpose of Clearance.
- All information must be completed in full and form must be signed.
- Enclose a $10.00 money order (only) payable to "Department of Public Welfare" and mail to the address on form. This clearance can take up to 6 weeks.
Cogent Federal (FBI) Fingerprint Background Check (Criminal History Report)
Go to: https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index.htm
- Select Department of Welfare (DPW) icon. The fingerprint process is a multi-step process.
- The applicant must register prior to going to the fingerprint site. Walk-in service is not provided.
- Registration is provided online 24/7 at www.pa.cogentid.com and telephone registration is available at 1-888-439-2486, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm EST.
- The fee is $25.75 for the fingerprinting service and to secure the Criminal History Record. Applicants can make their payment online at www.cogentid.com using a credit or debit card. Money orders payable to Cogent Systems will be accepted on site for those applicants who cannot pay electronically. NO CASH TRANSACTIONS OR PERSONAL CHECKS ARE ALLOWED.
- Choose the fingerprint site. Find sites at www.pa.congentid.com.
- Applicant must have an approved ID (See www.pa.cogentid.com for approved list of ID sources)
- The applicant will receive the Federal Criminal History Record in the mail in 4 to 6 weeks.
- If the applicant has not received this certificate within the timeframe, call 1-717-783-6211.
All of the above forms should be given to Arlene Brown in Elliott Hall-Room 204.
Keep a copy for your records.