Press Release Number: 765
Incident Number: 12-000278
Release Date: 4/18/2012
Offense: Crim Mischief, Inst Vandalism, Prevent Catastrophe
Person(s) Charged or Referred
Summary of Events
UPDATE TO INCIDENT 12-000278, Press Release 761
Following investigation of the incident at Maple A residence hall, it was determined that the above student did cause the fire and explosion when he failed to extinguish a lighted cigarette in a plastic trash receptacle which contained several small propane tanks. The trash receptacle was located outside the building in a patio area on the northwest corner of Maple. The building was evacuated due to the fire and explosion, which caused smoke in the residence hall.
Charges are pending.