Office: 152 South Hall
Phone: (570) 662-4777
Activities and Interests:
- Human Resource Concentration Advisor
- Industrial-Organizational Psychology
- B.A. - Indiana, Bloomington
- M.A. - Michigan State
- Ph.D. - Michigan State
- My professional training was in industrial-organizational psychology. I have been at Mansfield since the fall of 1990 and teach our Introductory Psychology, Orientation to Psychology, Human Resource Management, Labor Relations, and Compensation and Benefits courses. My teaching style is a mixture of lecture and discussion, using examples from business, sports, television, politics, history, etc.
- I am co-author of multiple book chapters and articles that have appeared in Journal of Applied Psychology, Personnel Psychology, Journal of Business and Psychology, and Journal of Managerial Issues. I have acted as an ad-hoc reviewer for national conferences and several professional journals, including Journal of Applied Psychology and the Journal of Managerial Issues. I was the leader for our most recent department program review.
- I am very active in the local community as an amateur trumpet player, performing with St. James' Brass, Spare Parts, X-Ray Big Band, the "Almost World Famous" Wellsboro Town Band, St. James Brass, and various local pit orchestras (19 musicals and counting!). My main non-work role is that of "Dad." I also try to keep our old house from falling down, springing leaks, etc.