Contact Us

Contact Our Office

Housing, Dining and
Campus Life 
120 Pinecrest Manor 
Mansfield, PA 16933

Office Hours: Monday - Friday
8:00AM - 4:15PM

Phone: 570-662-4934
Fax:     570-662-4138

Chuck Colby
Associate Vice President


How do I check into my room? How do I find out where I go?

You will receive your housing assignment through your Mansfield University e-mail address prior to the start of the semester. It will list your hall, room number, and, if appropriate, your roommate. On your scheduled check in day, go directly to the front desk of your assigned hall to pick up your key and fill out the appropriate paperwork.

Who do I contact if I have a problem with my room?

Contact your Resident Assistant with any concerns and they will notify our maintenance department and/or the housing department.

What can I bring?

We suggest your day to day living things. Here are a few ideas:

For your room:

  • Linens, mattress pad, pillow, blanket, bedspread, sheet size should be twin or twin XL depending on preference.
  • Memo board for your door
  • Fan
  • Wastebasket
  • Hangers
  • Alarm Clock
  • Computer and ethernet cord (wireless is provided is suite-style residence halls)
  • Power strip
  • Study lamp (no halogen)
  • Stationary supplies (pens, pencils, paper, envelopes and stamps, tape, stapler, paper clips, calculator, etc)
  • Sewing kit
  • Light housekeeping items (dust cloth, sponge, etc.)
  • Plants and small decorative items
  • Rug
  • Paint safe adhesive (Command Velcro Strips)
  • Portable Radio – Stereo-headphones
  • TV and Cable

For the bath:

  • Towels and washcloths
  • Soap and soap dish
  • Toiletries and a tote (for carrying items to the shower room)
  • Personal appliances such as a hairdryer, curling iron, etc.
  • Showers shoes/flip flops
  • Toilet paper (for suite-style apartments)
  • Bath mat (for suite-style apartments)
  • Cleaning supplies for shower, toliet, sink (for suite-style apartments)
  • Shower curtains are provided but you are able to bring your own.

For your laundry:

  • Laundry basket or bag
  • Detergent, bleach, softener, etc.

What should I leave at home?

  • Coffee makers without and automatic shutoff
  • Toaster oven, toaster, or electric griddle
  • Grills (indoor/outdoor, or George Foreman type)
  • Hot plate
  • Heating coil
  • Immersion coil
  • Electric frying pan
  • Halogen lamps or bulbs
  • Air conditioner
  • Space heater
  • Animals (other than fish in tanks less than 10 gallons)
  • Water bed
  • Candles/incense, candle warmers (hot plate style)
  • Alcohol bottles (not even for decoration)
  • Illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia (including but not limited to hookahs, bowls, etc.) 
  • Bed risers or lifts
  • Firearms
  • Firearm replicas (including paintball and airsoft guns)
  • Fireworks
  • Large knives with blades exceeding 4in
  • Bow and arrows and other weapons
  • Dartboard
  • Other items listed in the Residnece life and Housing handbook

Are single rooms available?

Yes. Single rooms (designed for one student) and private rooms (double room as a single) are based on availability. There is an additional charge for both. Contact the Residence Life Office to request a single/private room or to be put on a waiting list.

What size are the beds?

All beds have are standard single mattresses. You may request an extra long mattress if you need it by contacting the Housing Office.

How do I get a microfridge?

Go directly to the microfridge link to find out how to reserve one. First come, first serve. Reserve one today!

How do I get my mail?

A mail key will be issued to you when all your paperwork is completed at check-in. Most mail boxes are located near the front desk of your building. When mail packages are received you will get a notice in your mail box to pick it up with your mail person. If you receive a package that was delivered by UPS, FedEx, or DHL, it will be delivered to the Residence Life Office (120 Pinecrest) and we will notify you by your mounties.mansfield e-mail address.

Who do I contact in an emergency?

Contact Campus police at 570-662-4900. If possible, contact your Resident Assistant or Residence Director to let them know of the situation as soon as possible.

What if I lost my keys or I'm locked out of my room?

Contact your Resident Assistant and they can get you back into your room. You will need to see your Graduate Assistant to order a new key if you lose them.

Who do I contact if I have more questions?

You can contact your Resident Assistant, Graduate Assistant, Residence Director, or come directly to the Residence Life Office. We’re always here to help!


 2016-2017 Housing Selection begins March 1, 2016 at Noon!!

See the Housing and Dining Selection Guide for information on applying for and selecting housing and dining for Fall 2016 and Spring 2017.

Returning Students: (If you currently live on campus.) See Returning Student Housing Selection Process for detailed instructions on applying for and selecting your room.

 New Students: (First year and transfer students who have not lived in MU on campus housing) See New Student Housing Selection Process for detailed instructions.