Academy for Voice Students
Sunday, July 22 through Saturday, July 28, 2018
Make music at one of the premier music schools in the East under the leadership of esteemed faculty and in the beautiful mountains of northern Pennsylvania. Develop your solo and ensemble performance skills, your musicianship, your stage presence, and have a great time doing it! Learn from master teachers along with Mansfield University music majors and alumni who will inspire you to grow and achieve at a higher level than you could imagine. Enjoy the safe and beautiful surroundings of nature as you immerse yourself in music-making!
Retreat counselors are selected from MU alumni and collegiate music majors. The student to counselor ratio is about 5:1. Students and counselors live on campus in the new suite-style residence halls and eat in the campus dining room. Recreational and educational facilities are open to all students.
- Participate in the Academy Festival Chorus
- Sing with the professional orchestra of the Endless Mountain Music Festival
- Participate in an ensemble (vocal jazz and/or madrigal)
- Receive at least one private lesson
- Attend a masterclass for singers
- Take a musicianship class
- Have the opportunity for a stage/theatre activity
- Participate in a closing concert
See overall schedule of activities.
- Dr. Peggy Dettwiler, Director of Choral Activities
- Mr. Peter Davis, Director of Musical Theatre
- Dr. Alissa Rose, Professor of Voice
- Ms. Victoria Nance, Assistant Director of the Choral Academy
- Dr. Youngsuk Kim, Professor of Voice and Opera Theatre