Why Study Community Health Education?
Health educators encourage healthy lifestyles and wellness by educating individuals and communities about behaviors that can prevent diseases, injuries and other health problems. Mansfield University’s program will emphasize rural health issues and graduates will be prepared to work in a variety of health-related settings.
Mansfield University offers:
The goals of Healthy People 2020 and principles of rural health are used as a foundation for the Community Health Education curriculum. Program goals include preparing graduates who will promote the health of individuals and communities in the region and nation as well as providing an environment that promotes excellence and professionalism and commitment to lifelong learning for students and faculty.
Learn more about our degree program.
- Area Agencies on Aging
- Child Development Centers (Family Health Counselors)
- Community or Regional Health Centers (Health Educators or Counselors; Director of Health Promotion, Education, and Outreach)
- Community Health Partnerships (various community health education positions)
- Human Resource Departments (Wellness Coordinator)
- Fitness Centers (Personal Health Coaches)
- Health System Wellness Centers
- Health Maintenance Organizations
- Health Insurance Companies (Health and Wellness Coach)
- Hospitals and Community
- Health Departments (On-Call Health Educators)
- Home Health Care/Hospice Organizations
- Long-Term Assisted Living Facilities
- Nursing Homes Nutrition Clinics (Patient counselors)
- Public Health Departments (Community HIV Educator)
- Rural Health Clinics Universities (Student Health Promotion Specialists, Assistant Directors of Student Health)
- Veterans Administration Hospitals & Health Centers (Health Educators) Women’s Health Centers