The Controller’s Office is dedicated to supporting the mission of Mansfield University, a comprehensive public university committed to promoting leadership development through Character, Scholarship, Cultural Awareness and Service to others.
It is the vision of the Controller's Office to meet the financial and accounting needs of the campus community with an attitude of Excellence, Respect, Truth and Teamwork.
The office is responsible for:
Department Mission Statement (why we exist)
- Provide accurate reporting and analysis of the University's financial position.
- Provide efficient, effective, and professional service to students, faculty, and staff of the University.
- Provide direction, guidance on and adherence to internal/ BOG policies, internal controls, external regulations, and administer the door access security systems to safeguard the University's assets, students and reputation.
- Assist the campus community with understanding and education of accounting policies, procedures, and, as applicable, technical issues.
Values Statement (what is important to us)
- A culture of accountability and people of integrity committed to doing the right thing.
- Good business practices in our own department and throughout the campus community.
- Input from those we serve, and recognize the importance of active listening, timely learning, and continuous improvement.
- Personal ownership in helping find answers to questions and solutions to problems.
- Employees who have initiative, insight, and an ability to understand the larger environment in which we work.
- The spirit of teamwork and cooperation in helping fellow employees accomplish their initiatives successfully.
- Respect and courtesy in all communications with others.
- A positive, productive work environment that fosters good morale, ethics, integrity and personal growth.
Roles Statement (what we do)
- Safeguard the University’s assets through the use of an effective internal control system.
- Process fiscal transactions for the University.
- Provide meaningful reporting and analysis of financial data in a timely manner.
- Strive to balance between department’s needs and the Controller’s Office responsibility to encourage and promote fiscal responsibility.
- Develop practical procedures and processes, promote efficient systems, maintain sound financial records, and seek continuous improvements.