What is the Mission of the Counseling Center?
The mission of the Mansfield University Counseling Center is to enhance the quality of life for students during their collegiate years, as well as the duration of their lives. We are committed to the development of the whole person: academically, personally, spiritually, socially and physically. The Mansfield University Counseling Center is committed to enhancing the psychological health and personal effectiveness of all students.
What is the Vision of the Counseling Center?
We aspire to enhance the quality of life for students during their collegiate years and beyond. We specifically focus activities that address the following:
- Understanding one's own self
- Developing skills for independent and productive living
- Deepening spiritual, moral and ethical values
- Incorporating learning as a life-long process
- Developing qualities of strong leaders
- Respecting the diverse backgrounds and characteristics of all persons
- Developing responsibilities that accompany participation in interpersonal relationships, Mansfield University, and the communities in which we live.
What services does the Counseling Center offer?
The Mansfield University Counseling Center is committed to the success of our students. We offer individual, couples, and family counseling to students. A Counselor is on-call for crisis situations after hours regular fall and spring academic year. The services of the Counseling Center are supportive of the academics and are not to replace long-term outpatients therapy programs. A student requiring psychiatric evaluation will be referred accordingly. Drug and alcohol assessments can be completed at the Center and students requiring more treatment may be referred to an outside agency or program. Our services are strictly confidential.