Isolation and Quarantine
Any individual who tests positive for COVID is required to isolate in accordance with Mansfield University’s Quarantine and Isolation Policy. The policy follows recommendations from the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- Residential students who test positive are required to isolate in a separate, designated location on campus if an off-campus location is not available. The individual will be allowed to bring essential personal items and will have meals, cleaning supplies, and other necessities delivered to their room.
- Students living off-campus who test positive will isolate at home or another location according to their local or state health department requirements.
- Any employee who tests positive will isolate at home or another location according to their local or state health department requirements.
Students and employees may be asked to quarantine if they traveled to an area where there are high amounts of COVID-19 cases, or if they have come into contact with an individual known to have tested positive for COVID-19.
Mansfield University will assist the PA Department of Health by providing contact information of students, staff and faculty who may have been in contact with an infected person. It is important to know that a contract tracer will reach out to those who have been identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID.
Due to the global pandemic, it should be assumed that COVID is in every community. While there is often interest in knowing about positive cases, Mansfield University is obligated to protect the privacy of anyone who has tested positive for COVID. The Mansfield University Office of Environmental Health and Safety may be in contact with students and employees to perform assessments of direct and indirect contacts among the campus population. It is important to remember that a Department of Health contact tracer may also separately reach out to individuals that have been identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID. If you are not a close contact, and you have been following general safety practices like wearing masks and social distancing, your risk of contracting COVID is low.
In order to create transparency when positive cases are identified, the following communication protocols will be followed:
- The COVID-19 Case Tracker will be updated when any confirmed cases are reported to Mansfield University. The webpage will note the number of new cases among students, as well as among employees.
- The Office of Environmental Health and Safety will proactively notify individuals and groups that may have come in contact with a positive case or as a presumed positive case so that steps may be followed based on state and federal guidelines. This also includes individuals involved in the closure and cleaning of campus spaces.
- In certain cases, when an entire department or office may be exposed from a contact tracing perspective, a broader communication may be issued by the University.
All areas on campus that an individual who tests positive with COVID may have visited will be sanitized in addition to the University’s already increased daily sanitation.
Information about Mansfield University’s Health and Safety Plan, Quarantine and Isolation Policy, and more is available at mansfield.edu/health-and-safety-plan/.