Grading Discussion Forums
Do you know of a way to pull up all the student discussion posts in a single page for grading?
Note: Grading is done by Discussion Topic. There isn’t a way to obtain posts for multiple discussion topics.
In the Discussion area of the course, if you didn’t setup a Grade link when creating the New Topic, complete steps 1-4. Otherwise, skip to step 5.
- Modify the Topic (not the Forum) using the pencil icon.
- Click on the Assessment tab.
- Click on the link “New Grade Item,” title the Gradebook item, categorize it (if you have categories in the Gradebook), input the maximum score, and Save.
- In the “Score Out of:” area, put the maximum score & Save.
- You should see a ruler with a green checkmark, if the Discussion Topic is connected to the Gradebook. Click on this ruler to view & score discussions.
- If you use the “Users” tab (default), click on the Topic Score below the student’s name to view all of their discussions for that particular topic. You should see all replies they have posted as well. You can switch tabs to Assessments, to view the discussions, and place a grade on the student’s posts too.
- Check the box labeled “Graded” to transfer the grade to the Gradebook.
Published: 06/02/2010 Updated: 06/04/2010