Submission Confirmation for Dropbox
Do students receive a receipt when they submit a document to the dropbox?
Yes, D2L provides students with a digital receipt (on-screen) after submitting documents to a course Dropbox. The receipt has the title of the paper, date, time, and file size.
Submitting Documents to the Dropbox
- Click on the Dropbox
- Click on the title of the folder for the assignment. Check the instructions that were provided by the instructor in the Content area of the course, News or in the Syllabus, if you are unsure which folder.
- Click on the “Add a File” button.
- Click on the Browse button to locate your file.
- Click on the Upload button on the bottom right corner of this window.
You will see the document name appear, and a place to add Comments. Click on the Submit button in this window.
- You will immediately see a digital receipt on your screen.
Example - On-Screen Digital Receipt:
A digital receipt will be sent to the student’s email account too. As long as the student has added desire2learn.com to their safe sender’s list, the receipt will be in their “Inbox” folder. Otherwise, the receipt will be in the “junk” folder.
Example - Email Digital Receipt:
This email is to confirm that Creating Black Americans Summary #1 has received your file submission.
Received: Jun 15, 2010 9:56 AM
Org Unit: AAS 1100 / ENG 2220 Intro to African Amer Studies
File(s): Black Americans Summary #1.docx
The student can check back in the DropBox area to view their file submissions at any time.
- Enter the Dropbox, click on the # (Ex: shows 1) in the Submissions column. The document that was submitted will be displayed with the date, and time that it was submitted.
Published: 06/15/2010 Updated: 03/28/2013