Adding a URL to a discussion post
How do I add a web site link (URL) to a discussion post?
To create a hyperlink to an external web site listed in a Discussion post or reply:
- Click on the Compose or Reply button
Click in the Message text area.
- Note: wherever your cursor is located in the message box is where the link will be inserted
- Click on the Insert Quick Link icon (this is the second icon in from the right hand side, it is a figure 8 laid on it's side with a orange star)
- Select URL from the Category drop down menu.
- Enter (copy/paste or type) the URL path in the Link Detail box.
- Enter the name of the link in the Link Caption box.
- We also recommend selecting New Window next to the Open In option. This will open your link in a new window.
- Click the Insert button to insert the Quick Link
- Click on Post once you are finished typing your discussion.
Published: 04/19/2010 Updated: 03/27/2013