MU Professional Organizations for Education Students
Student Council for Exceptional Children
The Mansfield Student Council for Exceptional Children is dedicated to meeting the needs of its members through:
- Advancing the professional and ethical growth of its members
- Fostering involvement of their membership
- Serving as an advocate for the purpose of enhancing the educational, professional, and life opportunities for individuals with exceptionalities.
It is the mission of the members of Mansfield’s Student Council for Exception Children to advocate for individuals with disabilities both in and outside of our community. The members of CEC work to help build acceptance and understanding of exceptional individuals as well as help to integrate university students into activities with exceptional individuals in a fun and relaxed setting.
CEC works toward these goals by holding events in the community. Every semester we hold three dances and three craft nights for individuals with disabilities. We also participate in multiple community service activities and events including fundraising during Mansfield’s Heritage Weekend and an autism activism week every April.
Below are links to Mansfield University’s CEC events and social media. Check us out!
Student Pennsylvania State Education Association (SPSEA)
Mansfield University’s chapter of the Student Pennsylvania State Education Association (SPSEA) is a professional organization devoted to providing professional development and networking opportunities for aspiring educators. SPSEA serves to provide a supportive environment for preservice teachers to take part in:
- Professional development seminars and conferences at the local, state, and national level
- Campus and community events dedicated to positively impacting children and their education
- Outreach service opportunities to work with local schools and their teachers, students, and administrators
Mansfield University’s chapter of SPSEA helps preservice teachers to develop a better understanding and appreciation for the education profession. SPSEA also works to promote professional ethics, standards, and attitudes, all while making a difference in our local schools.
Below are links to Mansfield University’s SPSEA events and social media. Check us out!