The Mission of the Veteran Support Group is to improve and enhance the success of student veterans, help them receive the benefits they deserve, serve as a liaison between the veteran student community and the University and increase their academic success.
Mansfield University's Veteran's Support Group is comprised of campus and surrounding community professionals who meet regularly to discuss and implement ways to support our military and veteran students, faculty and staff by:
- Creating a culture of trust and connectedness across the campus community
- Promoting the well-being and success of our military and veterans
- Ensuring consistent and sustained support from the campus and it's leadership
- Coordinating activities that will benefit and/or honor our military students
- Collaborating with local communities, organizations and government agencies for student veteran services
- Recruiting veterans and their dependents to participate in our on campus and online programs
- Helping to raise funds to support veteran and military initiatives, programming and scholarships
Transition to campus life can be challenging for non-traditional students, such as veterans. These challenges are even more pronounced for student veterans who are often returning from combat service abroad to the unfamiliar environment of campus and classrooms.
The Veteran Support Group is committed to providing student veterans with the most useful and current information available to assist them with this transition. We maintain relationships with university constituents to ensure that student veterans have personal contacts on campus.
Mr. Roger Maisner, Assoc. Professor, Coordinator of Military & Veterans Affairs email@example.com
Dr. Josh Battin, Dean, College of Arts & Humanities - Marine Veteran firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Jason Welch, Purchasing Agent, SVO Advisor - Army Veteran email@example.com
Mr. Andy Worthington, Marketing & Communications, SVO Advisor - Marine Veteran firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Denise Davey, School Certifying Official/Enrollment Services Representative - Office of Financial Aid email@example.com
Ms. Nichole Lefelhoc, Director of Career Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Elijah Morgan, Asst. Director of Admissions - Military Contact email@example.com
Mr. Andrew Whitehead, President, Student Mlitary & Veteran Organization, VA Student Liaison firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Tim Cleveland, Director of Tioga County Veterans Affairs email@example.com
Ms.Stacie Rosewood-Boyskey, Enrollment Services Representative - School Certifying Official firstname.lastname@example.org