You may submit a parking appeal if you believe that the violation either did not occur, or that extenuating circumstances exist to warrant the dismissal of the ticket.
Generally, parking citations are not dismissed for these reasons:
- Lack of intent to violate the law
- Shortage of parking spaces
- (Illegal) use of parking space inconvenienced no one, even if usage was short in duration
- Running late for appointment, work, class, etc.
- Unable to leave work, class, etc., to move vehicle in a timed space
- Failure to see properly posted parking signage or painted curbs
- Failure to purchase (or renew, upon expiration) University parking permits
- Financial hardship
If you appeal a parking ticket the payment due date is temporarily placed on hold pending the outcome of the review.
Parking Appeal Instructions
Fill out the appeal form as completely as possible, attach ticket and payment, and submit to MU Police, 104 Doane Center, 65 Clinton Street, Mansfield, PA 16933.
Send payment, in check form, at this time. DO NOT PAY TICKET ONLINE IF YOU WISH TO APPEAL IT. The appeal form must be received within 10 business days of the ticket issue date.
You will be notified by mail with the results of the appeal which may take up to 2 weeks to complete. If your parking ticket is deemed valid, after appeal process, your payment will be posted. If the appeal is granted your check will be returned to you.
If you have any question about your parking ticket, or need assistance preparing your parking appeal, please call the University Police @ 662-4900. The Mansfield University Police Department is open 24 hours each day of the year.