It's one of the fastest growing careers in the United States. The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that employment will grow faster than average for social work positions. Rural social work opportunities are expected to grow. Currently, nearly 600,000 people hold Social Work degrees. Few other careers offer you the personal satisfaction of helping others improve their lives.
Where are the jobs?
BSW graduates are employed in many different work settings, both public and private, that may include:
- Nursing Homes
- Homeless Shelters
- MR/DD Services
- Mental Health Service
- Legal Services Agencies
- Substance Abuse Programs
- Community Action Agencies
- Criminal Justice Agencies
- Domestic Violence Programs
- Residential Treatment Programs
- Child and Adult Day Care Centers
- Schools (elementary and secondary)
- Children, Youth, Aging, and Family Services