Please Note: Have your debit or credit card ready.
For All Education Majors
Tuberculosis (TB) TINE Test Instructions
Going to Personal Physician:
You may go to your personal physician to have your tuberculosis test taken. If the results of this test are recorded on Mansfield University's Health Evaluation Report, then simply photo copy the side of the form with the TB result and turn it into the Field Experience Office. Please note that every education major needs to have one of three tests (TB Tine, Mantoux, or PPD) to prove that they are negative for Tuberculosis. This requires that the form indicates the date that the test result was negative, the doctor's signature, and the student's name. Please pay special attention to this requirement as the form is misleading. The form may lead you to believe that you are not required to have the test taken, but all education majors must have the test taken and have proof of the results turned into the Field Experience Office in Retan 204.
Going to Campus Clinic in Spruce Hall:
You may visit the Campus Clinic in Spruce Hall to have your tuberculosis test taken. You should call 4350 in advance for an appointment. They will provide a three part form, one for their records, one for you, and one for you to bring to the Field Experience Office in 204 Retan. This visit will be free, but you will be charged for the serum. (Under $30)
Criminal Record Check Instructions (ACT 34)
- $22.00 - Subject to change
- On-line ACT 34 Criminal Record Check request: Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History (on-line with credit card)
- Print two!! Take a copy to the Field Experience Office - RC 204
Child Abuse Clearance Instructions (ACT 151)
Pennsylvania FBI Fingerprint Clearance (ACT 114)
- $23.85 - Subject to change
Identogo Fingerprint Instructions
- Go to ‘uenroll.identogo.com’.
- Enter in the Service Code ‘1KG6RT’.
- Click on ‘Schedule or Manage Appointment’.
- Fill out all required information.
- Legal first, middle, and last name.
- Date of Birth.
- Then, click ‘Next’.
- Create a security question.
- Select your Country of Birth and Country of Citizenship (state).
- Answer the following questions.
- Then, click ‘Next’.
- Note: Have Authorization Code available to enter on the website later in the scheduling process.
- Enter in all required personal information.
- Enter in your Mailing Address.
- Select the required documents you are bringing to your enrollment.
- Choose a location to get your fingerprints done at.
- Select a date and time for your appointment. Then click "Submit'.
31 South Academy Street
112 Alumni Hall
8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
and 1:00 p.m.to 4:00 p.m.
When registering enter SP-Mansfield
Identogo – State Agency Enrollment
280 Kane St Ste 1
South Williamsport, PA 17702-7166
40.2 Miles from Mansfield
Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM E/O, Saturday: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
State Agency Enrollment, Passport Photo
You will receive an email from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania PASafeCheck with a link that takes you where you will have one opportunity to download/save/print your clearance. It will say "Civil Applicant Response" on the top, "Unofficial Copy - Applicant Use Only" across the middle and "Morpho Trust" on the bottom. Make a copy for the Field Experience Office, and deliver it to 204 Retan Center. Keep the original in a safe place and put one in your clearance sheet protector to carry into the publc schools with you.
Professional Liability Insurance
- $30.00 or less per year - subject to change
- The Pennsylvania State Education Association (Note: PSEA membership includes professional liability insurance.)
- Be sure to print out 2 proof of membership forms – one for your records and one for the Field Experience Office - RC 204.
- A note regarding professional liability insurance: Students shall be responsible for procuring professional liability insurance at their own expense. The limits of the policy shall be a minimum of $1,000,000.00 per claim and an aggregate of $3,000,000.00 per occurrence. This policy must remain in full force and effect for the duration of the field experience, practicum, and/or student teaching assignment.
Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form (ACT 24)
- Free - One Page of Print
- Pennsylvania Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form - Put your MU ID number in the top right box, fill in your legal name and any previous names, check just one box in section 2 and provide specific information if needed, check just one box in section three, type in the current date, print out, sign, and take to the Field Experience Office - RC 204
Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting Training under PA (ACT 126)
- Free - One Page of Print
- Pennsylvania Child Resource Center (Free)
- Print two!! Please be sure to take a copy of your certificate to the Field Experience Office in 204 RC.
National Sex Offender Registry Clearance
Statement of Understanding, Confidentiality, Professionalism, & Clearance Adherence
- Free - Two Pages of Print
- Mansfield University Early Field Experience Handbook. Read the Handbook, print out Form 1 (Statement of Understanding) and Form 2 (Statement of Confidentiality and Professionalism & Statement of Clearance Adherence), read, sign and take to the Field Experience Office - RC 204. Print two - one for your records and one for the Field Experience.
YOU CAN SEE WHAT THE FIELD EXPERIENCE OFFICE HAS ON FILE FOR YOU BY CHECKING:
Students can print out & sign to provide professors with proof that all clearances are on file with Field Experience Office.
The Field Experience Office strongly recommends that you put your eight clearance copies in four sheet protectors in a specific order so that they can easily be provided to public schools when you visit for observation/participation experiences. See Ms. McClure for an example.
Public School Employee's Only - Clearance Letter