Student Learning Outcome:
Students will be able to find possible graduate school locations and become familiar with the process.
Create a word document containing your answers to the following steps.
Step #1 - List a field in which you might want to pursue a graduate degree.
Step #2 - List 3 or 4 schools that offer this type of graduate program. The following sites will help you with this task:
Step #3 – Choose one of the above schools. Write short answers for the following questions for the program and graduate school in which you are interested. (This information is available online or by calling the admissions office.)
- What are the minimal requirements needed for your program (required courses; undergraduate GPA; GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or MCAT score…?)
- What is the cost of the program?
- Are there graduate assistantships or scholarships are available?
- Is an admissions essay required?
- Do you need letters of recommendation? If so, how many?
- What is the cutoff date for the fall application?
Step #4 – List all the steps in the admissions process for this school.
Step #5 – List one MU faculty member from whom you would request a letter of recommendation.
Step #6 - Submit the document to you TRiO advisor for credit.