**Please send all correspondence and questions for this module to your TRiO advisor**
Student Learning Outcome:
Students will be able to identify the skills necessary to be successful at test taking at the college level.
Review the Test Taking PowerPoint presentation - I recommend that you DO NOT view the PowerPoint presentation as a slide show, so that you can read the notes below each slide (when applicable). In order to do so, right click on the link and click on "Save Target As"; then click on "Open".
Be able to answer the following questions:
- What are the three major steps in test preparation?
- Why is it so important to review your notes daily and weekly?
- What are some examples of review tools?
- When it comes to reducing test anxiety, what are some things that you can do prior to the test? During the test?
Surely you've heard of the phrase, "Practice makes perfect"...For each set of sample test questions below, keep track of your results (either save the document or record your score):
- Let's practice your test taking skills by taking a sample Multiple Choice Test. Once you have completed the sample Multiple Choice Test and recorded your answers, CHECK YOUR WORK!!
- Now try a couple of sample True/False Questions. NOTE: It is not important if you answer these questions right or wrong!! What is important is that you pay specific attention to the tips that are given and the explanations that are given after you answer each question.
- In this exercise, you will practice summarizing information like you would on a short-answer test. Try at least one of the Sample Short Answer Questions. If you find that you need to improve your summarization skills, try all three samples. Also pay attention to the tips provided for short answer test questions.
Once you have completed this module, you should be able to provide the following via email to your TRiO advisor:
- The answers to the questions from Step 1.
- Your sample Multiple Choice Test and score.
- Your scores/results from the True/False and Short Answer sample questions.