Updates to this Privacy Notice
Because technology itself and the rules requiring data management and privacy continue to evolve rapidly, the University may make appropriate updates to this notice from time to time. Any updates to this Privacy Notice will be posted to this page and will reflect the date of such revision.
Information Collected by Mansfield University
There are two types of information that Mansfield University may collect when you visit our Sites: (1) information that is automatically collected, and (2) information that you voluntarily provide. Our Sites are made available to you to provide information about our university and the services offered. You can browse our Sites without providing any personal information such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number or social security number.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access and use our Sites, some information is automatically collected. For example, we may collect information about your computer's operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website that referred you to us. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites.
The Sites and any communications sent by Mansfield University may contain electronic images (generally, single pixel ".gif" images) called "web beacons." These web beacons allow Mansfield University and third parties authorized by Mansfield University to monitor and collect certain information about the viewer of a web page, email message or other communication, such as the type of browser requesting the web beacon, the device identifier of the device the web beacon is sent to and the time the web beacon was viewed. Web beacons may be used count unique users, visits and page views; monitor traffic and conversion patterns; personalize your experience when you visit the Sites, including advertising and content you see; and determine whether or not messages were opened, links were clicked and/or notifications/offers were acted upon.
Third Party Advertising
We also collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you apply for admission, register for an account, participate in a promotion or sweepstakes, request a brochure or other materials, sign up for a tour, locate or make inquiries to specific departments, request information or otherwise contact Mansfield University. Such information may include: contact information (name, address, telephone number, social media username/handle, mobile phone and/or email address, etc.); academic area or interest (biology, music, nursing, criminal justice, etc.); demographic information (age, academic status, marital status, size of household, etc.); and marketing profile information (admissions date, graduation date, alumni status, parent, friend, etc.) We may also collect the names and email addresses of your friends and family, if you choose to provide Mansfield University with this information. Finally, we may obtain information from other sources and combine that with the information we collect directly from you.
How We Use Your Information
Non-personal information is used to generate statistics and to measure site activity in order to improve the usefulness of the site for our visitors.
- operate and improve our Sites
- provide information about our institution and send you related information, including confirmations, brochures, academic notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- respond to comments, questions or requests for information and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about our classes, achievements, new contests, promotions, rewards, special offers, upcoming events and other news about Mansfield University and our selected partners;
- generate site analytics to improve our website and the user experience; and
- link or combine with personal information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service and information.
Sharing Your Information
- with our Financial Aid partner for the purpose of offering aid and services to our students or prospective students;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on the Site/s that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- with vendors, contractors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us;
We may also share aggregated or anonymous information that does not directly identify you.
We take reasonable measures to protect personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Third Party Links