Grant Accounting is responsible for post-award grant administration and accounting, including expenditure analysis, approvals and financial reporting.
The grant accountant:
- establish grant/contract fund centers
- inputs initial grant budgets and prepares budget transfers in SAP
- meets with Project Directors and Grants Development Director to review project award and procedures for expending funds in accordance with rules, regulations and guidelines of the University and funding agencies
- reviews grant expenditures for appropriateness making sure they fall within grant and University guidelines
- maintains spreadsheets of grant activity - sharing with Project Director’s upon request
- invoices funding agencies and draws down funds per granting agency guidelines
- records deposits to appropriate grant fund centers
- prepares financial reports for governmental and funding agencies
- calculates allowable indirect cost for reimbursement
- assists Grants Development Director and Project Director with budget revision requests to the funding agency
Please direct all post-award questions to Renee Potter, Assistant Controller.
Please refer to the FAQs for answers to questions:
- How do I know how much money I have left to spend?
- How do I transfer funds?
- How do I get my budget set up so I can begin spending funds?
- What are my responsibilities as a Project Director?
- How do I hire a student worker for my grant?
- How do I purchase food from my grant budget?