- Your instructor may ask that you submit homework or share other documents in Rich Text Format so that they can be opened and edited by all users.
- Any word processing program can open and read a Rich Text Format file.
- Any word processing program can create a Rich Text Format file.
- These are the steps to create an RTF file with Microsoft Word or most other word processing programs.
- All word processing programs have the ability to save a document as an RTF file.
This option is accessed through the following steps:
1. Click on "File", then "Save As ..."
2. Click on the "Save As Type" drop down arrow.
3. Choose "Rich Text Format (*.rtf)" from the "Save As Type" pull-down menu. Click Save.