All parade participants should plan to arrive at Smythe Park no later than 9 a.m. to prepare for the parade lineup. Entrance to Smythe Park will only be available by the Subway entrance to Smythe Park. Immediately upon arrival to Smythe Park, please check-in by the Smythe Park pavilion and soccer field. At check-in, you will receive your line up instructions and any other materials (i.e. signage) and directions that may necessary.
Parade Date: Saturday, October 5, 2019
Parade Check-in and Line-Up: 9 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
Parade Start Time: 10 a.m.
1) In order to promote the safety and well-being of parade attendees/participants, firearms in the parade will be permitted for ceremonial purposes only and must not be loaded.
- If you will be holding a firearm in the parade, it must be presented and inspected at the time of parade check-in.
- Rifles must only be carried in an “over the shoulder” position.
- Only active police personnel may be in possession of live firearms.
2) All parade participants operating a motorized vehicle are required to be self-insured.
3) All motorized vehicles should be clean and mechanically sound.
4) All children should be accompanied by an adult.
5) Floats should be equipped with a three-pound, ABC general purpose fire extinguisher.
6) No rider should leave their vehicle or float once in motion. Animal units should be considered parade-safe, with former parade experience.
7) All animal units require a clean-up crew to follow along side the parade procession.
8) Banners, signage and music are encouraged, but should be considered appropriate to the general public and respectful to all parties and affiliations.
9) Candy is a parade tradition, but should not be thrown into the parade crowd.
10) Each unit must maintain a forward momentum with no slowing, stopping or performing en route, unless previously noted and approved by the Homecoming Parade Committee.