ALL HOMECOMING PARADE PARTICIPANTS MUST COMPLETE THIS REGISTRATION FORM. Registration Deadline is October 17.
Parade participants should plan to arrive promptly at Smythe Park no later than 8 a.m. to prepare for the parade lineup. Please enter Smythe Park/Dorsett Dr. by way of Rte. 6 (by Subway/Sara Jo's Stop N Go).
Immediately upon arrival, please check-in by the Smythe Park pavilion and soccer field. At check-in, you will receive your line up instructions and any other materials (i.e. signage) and directions that may be necessary. All participants are required to check-in before lining up. Once you are checked-in, please immediately proceed to your assigned location.
Parade Date: Saturday, October 20, 2018
Parade Check-in and Line-Up: 8 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Parade Start Time: 9 a.m.
1) In order to promote the safety and well-being of parade attendees/participants, firearms in the parade will be permitted for ceremonial purposes only and must not be loaded.
2) All parade participants operating a motorized vehicle are required to be self-insured.
3) All motorized vehicles should be clean and mechanically sound.
4) All children should be accompanied by an adult.
5) Floats should be equipped with a three-pound, ABC general purpose fire extinguisher.
6) No rider should leave their vehicle or float once in motion.
7) Animal units should be considered parade-safe, with former parade experience. All animal units require a clean-up crew.
8) Banners, signage and music is recommended, but should be considered appropriate to the general public and respectful to all parties.
9) Candy is recommended, but items should not be thrown into the parade crowd.
10) Each unit must maintain a forward momentum with no slowing, stopping or performing en route, unless previously noted and approved by the Homecoming Parade Committee.
For questions or additional information, please contact Casey Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org or 570.662.4078 or Nichole Lefelhoc at email@example.com or 570.662.4914.