Strategic Plan Development
Strategic planning is commonplace in higher education, but it has never been more important. Developed properly, a strategic plan is a powerful tool for focusing the energies of a university community upon the institution itself. Implemented properly, it is an effective instrument for making sound strategic decisions that move Mansfield University in a unified and constructive direction. Assessed properly, it is a touchstone for measuring progress and success.
As higher education evolves, it is critical for all stakeholders to understand and assess the following realities:
- Changing student demographics, including a nationwide decline in traditional college-age students and an increase in students with higher financial needs;
- More complex information delivery platforms;
- Belated recognition of change in the variety of ways students learn;
- Greater government scrutiny and less government funding
- Greater public demand for accountability and return on investment; and
- Greater competition and agility among competitors requires acceptance and implementation of change for institutions to thrive.
Preparing for success today requires new forms of collaboration and a collective institutional will. A well-executed strategic planning process can be invaluable in mobilizing the entire Mountie Nation to work together for the common good.