The Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA)
Is a collaborating function with the Martin Luther King Jr. Center. Multicultural Affairs creates intercultural programs, and provides educational workshops and outreach programs that foster all areas of diversity & multicultural understanding. Other important functions of the OMA is to maintain and update the educational resources located in the Martin Luther King Jr. Multicultural Resource Center and plan the annual commemoration of the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday.
To promote and advocate for diversity, multicultural, global education and inclusion at Mansfield University. These goals will be accomplished by providing programs and events designed to support and educate students, faculty and staff on issues relating to cultural sensitivity, social awareness, and global information.
Current Student Services
- Assist students in adjusting to the university environment
- Organize Social and Cultural Activities
- Sponsor Personal Development Workshops
- Facilitate Forums, Discussion Groups
- Sponsor Guest Speakers and Performers
- Provide student information regarding:
- university support programs
- Advocate for student issues and concerns
- Sponsor Intercultural Sensitivity Forums
- Collaborate with Student Organizations to sponsor cultural celebrations for the campus community and local region