ACADEMIC STANDARDS REVIEW BOARD
The student, following the academic dismissal notification, may request a hearing with the Academic Standards Review Board (ASRB) if, in the student's opinion, there is sufficient reason to appeal the dismissal.
- After receiving the dismissal notification, the student may choose to appeal by calling and requesting an appointment for a hearing through the office of Academic Advising (570-662-4749).
- After calling the office of Academic Advising and requesting an appointment for the hearing, students have the option to contact, by phone or email, either their department chairperson or any other faculty member to appear before the Board with them. Each faculty member determines if it is appropriate to support a student at the hearing.
- Students are expected to address a written appeal to the Chairperson of the ASRB stating their case and including a copy of their academic plan for success. They MUST bring three (3) photocopies to the hearing with them. The Board will not hear a student appeal without a written statement.
- The ASRB reads the student's written statement before the student discusses the case with the Board. The voting members of the ASRB consider all necessary records of the student. The Board then interviews the student.
- Following the presentation of the appeal, the ASRB members vote, and the student is notified immediately of the Board's decision. A majority vote of the members determines the decision of each appeal.
- The student and ASRB representative will sign a Reinstatement or Reinstatement Denial Contract, depending on the decision of the Board.
- A student’s failure to appear constitutes a waiver of the appeal and the dismissal remains in effect.
- The ASRB will meet in South Hall. Go to Room 144.
- A dismissed student who does not appeal to the ASRB for reinstatement may not enroll in any Mansfield University courses for one calendar year following the dismissal. In such cases, we advise that the student attend another college or university in the interim. A student who wishes to apply for re-admission should complete the online readmit form.
- Students who live on campus and are academically dismissed must make arrangements with the Student Living Office (570-662-4934) to pick up their personal possessions and furnishings no later than five days before the start of spring classes.