The mission of the Computer & Information Science Program is to provide an outstanding education to its students in accordance with the principles of the Mansfield University mission, to advance scholarship in key domains of the computing and information sciences, and to engage in activities that improve the welfare of society and enhance the reputation of Mansfield University. The Program aims to maintain an environment that promotes innovative thinking; values mutual respect and diversity; encourages and supports scholarship; instills ethical behavior; and stimulates life-long learning.
The vision of the Computer & Information Science Program is to become a recognized regional leader offering high-quality undergraduate programs in computing and information sciences to a large number of talented students at affordable tuition rates.
The core values guiding the Program are:
- Commitment to high-quality undergraduate education and student success.
- Continuous program improvement through assessment of program educational objectives and student outcomes.
- New initiatives and programs with changes in technology and global interdependence.
- Continued professional development of faculty members and scholarly contributions to the discipline, often with student participation.
- Articulation agreements with 2-year community colleges to permit seamless transfer of students.
- Activities to build ties to K-12 groups, community colleges, and local industry.
- Shared governance of departmental affairs.
- Service to the College, University, community, and discipline.